Puerto Princesa Underground River
Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park lies in the Saint Paul Mountain Range, 81 kilometers from the center of Puerto Princesa City, Philippines but is still within the boundaries. The Park is a National Wonder. Its geological features are unique and the Subterranean River is said to be among the longest in the world measuring up to 8.2 kilometers.
Puerto Princesa Subterranean River is one of the few in the world that flow out into the sea from an inland source. It has been the focus of much curiousity and scientific investigation. The level of the freshwater river rises and falls with the tide up to a point of 4.3 kilometers.
Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park consists of various land forms. The most impressive are the mountainous limestone, plateus, geologically called karsts, that form the rugged landscape of the Saint Paul Mountain Range with elevations ranging from sea level to a maximum height of 1,028 meters. The topography of the property varies from flat plains to rolling hinterlands and hills to mountain peaks.
The extensive rainforest of the Park is the habitat of diverse endemic and endangered species of flora and fauna. The mouse deer, calamian deer, Palawan bearcat, porcupines, skunks, wild pigs, flying squirrels, rats, bats, and monkeys are among the animals that inhabit the Park. Cave-inhabiting forms of reptiles, birds, and mammals dominate the animals. All of these endemic to Palawan: they exist nowhere else on earth.
Incoming search terms:
- descriptive essay about palawan
- essay about palawan
- Powered by Article Dashboard vocabulary
- larawan ng underground river
- Powered by Article Dashboard geology
- essay about puerto princesa
- descriptive essay about puerto princesa
- essay about underground river
- larawan ng puerto princesa
- palawan underground river
- powered by SMF 2 0 valley mountain regional center
- essay about palawan underground river
- Powered by Article Dashboard magic mountain
- descriptive essay about palawan underground river
- descriptive paragraph about underground river
- philippine national symbols
- afro asian essays examples of philippines in palawan
- Powered by Article Dashboard sport bikes
- Powered by Article Dashboard parks and recreation
- puerto princesa essay
- Powered by Article Dashboard amusement
- mga mga larawan ng under ground river
- Powered by Article Dashboard naa north american arms
- larawan ng poarto princessa under ground reef
- essay about puerto princesa underground river
- essay about about puerto prinsesa under ground river
- larawan ng under water river ng plawan